The form, location, or proportion of the ear can be improved through ear surgery, sometimes called otoplasty. Otoplasty can be used to treat an ear structural problem present at birth or manifest over time. This treatment can also be used to treat injured ears that are malformed.
While bringing harmony and symmetry to the ears and face, otoplasty gives the ears a more natural form. Even small malformations can have a significant positive impact on a person’s looks and self-esteem. You might think about micro ear surgery if you or your child is bothered by bulging or deformed ears.
If you are looking for an Ear specialist doctor in Ahmedabad. ACE ENT Hospital is a renowned Ear hospital in Ahmedabad providing patients with the utmost care and qualified ear surgeon in Ahmedabad.
What can ear surgery treat?
- Macrotia, a disorder marked by excessively big ears
- One or both sides of the head have protruding ears of varying degrees, unrelated to hearing loss
- Adult unhappiness with prior ear surgery
Various ear surgeries
- Surgery of Ear drum- Tympanoplasty
- Surgical treatment for a variety of hearing losses- Ossiculoplasty
- Radical and Modified Radical Mastoidectomies
- Stapes and Otosclerosis surgery
- Reconstruction/Obliteration of Mastoid cavities
- Grommet/T-Tube insertions
- Canaloplasty, Meatoplasty
- Exostoses/osteomas of External auditory canal
- Pinna reconstruction surgery
- Lateral Temporal bone excision for ear carcinoma
- Fractures of Temporal Bone
Surgery for Acoustic Neuroma
Your ear doctor will choose one of the following ear surgical procedures to remove the acoustic neuroma depending on your hearing condition, the size, and the location of the tumor:
- Trans labyrinthine- the mastoid and inner ear bone are removed by the surgeon to gain access to the ear canal and remove the tumor. This method is frequently used by surgeons when hearing is already very poor.
- Retro sigmoid/Suboccipital- Behind the mastoid bone of the ear, the ear surgeon in Ahmedabad makes an incision using the suboccipital technique. Surgeons can apply this method to both large and tiny tumors. It facilitates viewing the facial nerve while preserving your hearing.
- Middle Fossa- the surgeon, cuts off the tumor from the top of the internal ear canal outside of the inner ear. When there is a good chance that your hearing will be retained, we choose this strategy.
Cochlear Implant Ear Surgery
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is surgically inserted and helps deaf individuals hear. Damage to or a deficiency in the inner ear is frequently the root cause of this severe type of hearing loss.
To transfer information to the brain, cochlear implants directly stimulate the auditory nerve, bypassing damaged hair cells in the inner ear. It is one of the most effective endoscopic ear surgeries.
Congenital Atresia Ear Reconstruction
Surgical restoration for persons born lacking certain anatomy in their ears, such as the:
- Ear canal
- Tympanic membrane, (eardrum)
- An osseous chain (middle ear bones of hearing)
What to Expect?
These are some symptoms that may follow any ear operation:
- Tinnitus – Your child may experience a ringing or buzzing sound prior to surgery, and they typically continue to experience it for some time following it. It is known as tinnitus. It can linger for a month or two before stopping when your hearing improves, or it might last longer.
- Ear numbness – For some time following surgery, your kid may experience a loss of sensation in the skin around and in the ear. The entire outer ear may be affected, or just the top portion. The absence of feeling could last up to six months or be permanent.
- Jaw symptoms – The front of the ear canal is where the jaw joint is located. Following ear surgery, the jaw may experience some discomfort or stiffness. Usually, it disappears within one to two months.
- Drainage behind the ear: The doctor might have to place a drain tube there. Normally, we are unaware of this prior to surgery. If a drain tube is employed, it will be eliminated following the operation.
- Ear pressure and light vertigo – Middle ear packing can induce moderate vertigo as well as ear “popping” or “cracking” noises. Your youngster may have light headedness or dizziness for up to a week following surgery.
Surgery on the ears can result from many diagnoses. People may choose cosmetic ear surgery to restore tissue lost from injuries, modify the contour of their earlobes, fix superficial ear abnormalities, or pin back protruding ears.
Searching for the most excellent Ear specialist in Ahmedabad? Dr. Simple Bhadania is a specialist in endoscopic ear surgery and micro ear surgery at ACE ENT hospital in Ahmedabad. She has advanced training in the endoscopic sinus, ear, head, and neck, cochlear implant surgery, and fellowship in skull base surgery.