Any surgery done on the outside or inside of the nose is called nasal surgery or nose surgery. Nasal blockage is typically the result of anatomical and functional issues, which can lead to disordered upper airway airflow, which is a significant factor in OSA and snoring and prevents CPAP use. A deviated nasal septum enlarged nasal turbinate, a narrowing or collapsing of the nasal opening, nasal polyps, swelling nasal mucosa brought on by allergies or other irritants, or frequently a combination of all these factors, might be the cause of nasal airflow issues.
Get to know about the services provided by ACE ENT Hospital. They provide the best Endoscopic sinus surgery in Ahmedabad along with highly professional nose surgeons in Ahmedabad and rhinoplasty surgeons in Ahmedabad!
Endoscopic sinus surgery
Endoscopic Sinus surgery is a treatment done by nose surgeons in Ahmedabad to clear sinus obstructions. These obstructions may result in discomfort, drainage, recurrent infections, breathing difficulties, or loss of smell.
Symptoms linked to are relieved by sinus surgery
- Nasal polyps and sinusitis
- Nasal clogging
- Nasal blockage
- Constant or recurring sinus infections
- Nasal tumour
Goals of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Via this kind of sinus surgery in Ahmedabad named Endoscopic Sinus surgery, nose surgeons in Ahmedabad will be able to improve sinus drainage and airflow through the nose. Among the objectives of endoscopic sinus surgery are the following:
- Decrease in sinus infection frequency and severity
- Reduction in sinusitis-related symptoms
- Enhancing nasal airflow is one of three goals
- A heightened sense of smell
- Access for nasal rinses to clean and administer medication to sinus cavities
Nasal surgery, a popular reconstructive and aesthetic procedure may be carried out by nose surgeons in Ahmedabad to achieve the following goals:
- Boost your breathing
- Restore inherited or acquired deformities
- Modify the nose’s size or shape (cosmetic)
- Fix nose injuries
Among the ailments treated:
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): It occurs when a patient stops breathing while sleeping, typically brought on by an obstruction in the airway.
- Deviated septum: An abnormally shaped cartilage separating the two sides of the nasal cavity that might interfere with breathing or cause nasal discharge.
Types of Nasal Surgery
Turbinate reduction and correcting septal abnormalities are among the most popular nose operations (septoplasty) done by rhinoplasty surgeons in Ahmedabad. Sometimes it will be required to perform sinus surgery in Ahmedabad or rhinos septoplasty, which may be done in by rhinoplasty surgeons in Ahmedabad. OSA is rarely successfully treated with sinus surgery in Ahmedabad or nasal surgery alone. However, it typically enhances CPAP compliance and sleeps quality.
- Radiofrequency turbinate reduction: This procedure involves inserting a needle-like instrument into the turbinate and transmitting energy to the tissue to cause a controlled injury. By the time the healing process is complete, the turbinates’ will have been reduced, improving airflow through the nose.
- Septoplasty: The surgical repair of nasal septum flaws and abnormalities is known as septoplasty (the partition between the nostrils). One nasal cavity is separated from another by a bone and cartilage structure called the septum, located in the middle of the nose. A deviated septum can block one side of the nose and seriously impede airflow.
- Rhinosseptoplasty: A rhino’s septoplasty may be necessary to enable proper nasal breathing when the septal deviation is more complex or when there is an accompanying deformity on the nasal exterior section or nasal valve.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty is another name for cosmetic nose reshaping. The surgery can alter the nose’s size, the width between the nostrils, the angle between the nose and upper lip, and the tip or bridge of the nose, among other features.
Possible Complications Associated with Nasal Surgery
The following list is not exhaustive and includes potential issues related to nasal surgery as per our rhinoplasty surgeons in Ahmedabad:
- Issues with anesthetics